Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fresh and crunchy celery, apple and pecan salad with lemon Walnut dressing

Today I made the effort to make myself this beautiful lunch. It just made me feel so good to eat something this fresh and healthy. The ham and egg wrap is very basic, just deli fresh ham and scrambled eggs with cilantro (Coriander) and diced tomatoes rolled up in your favorite wrap. It is delicious! The highlight, however, was this celery, apple and pecan salad. It is super crunchy and the dressing is very light and perfectly sweetened. I ate in peace and quiet before picking up my daughter from preschool. I savored every bite. It was a lovely little me-time. So take some time, just for you, and enjoy!

Note! I am giving you the full size salad recipe enough for 4-6 people, but make only as much as you need. I saved the leftover dressing in my fridge for another salad. If you can't find Walnut oil, use regular olive oil.





Celery, Apple and Pecan salad
with lemon walnut dressing
8 stalks of celery, leaves removed
1 cup toasted pecan halves, chopped
1 cup thinly sliced, chopped or diced Granny Smith apple
Shavings of fresh Parmesan or Manchego

Dressing:
1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
2 tablespoons  fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons walnut oil
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon honey


Cut 3-inch long pieces of celery into thinly julienned strips or whatever shape you prefer. In a mixing bowl, combine the salad ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients, then toss with the salad. Sprinkle with cheese shavings.

Recipe adapted from Experience Life magazine, April 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment