Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fiesta chicken Chili Bianco

Tired of your usual chili recipe? Try this white version with chicken. This recipe was past on to me by a vendor that visited Cooks where I work. She had adapted it from it's original feature in one of our local newspapers, and I have made my own adaptation as well. More proof that a recipe certainly is a living thing. I used chicken in my version, but turkey (chunks or ground) works well too. I am always looking forward to making and eating this chili. I just know it is so good. In fact, my son asked me recently when I would be making it. So for him and all of you, here it is!

Ingredients:
Fiesta
1 1/2 T olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium carrot, diced
1 large onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 small orange or yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 1/2 T cumin
1 t oregano
1/4 cup flour
20 oz. low sodium chicken broth
2 cups diced , cooked chicken breast
1 4oz. can chopped mild green chillies
1 large can (14oz) Great Northern beans, rinsed
1/4 t cayenne pepper (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cup finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup sour cream

Toppings:
Sliced green onions
Minced fresh cilantro

Preparation:
In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, saute first 7 ingredients until slightly browned and softened. Dust the flour over the vegetables, stir to incorporate completely.
Slowly add the chicken broth. Continue by adding the chicken and next 3 ingredients. Season to taste. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Add cheese and sour cream. Stir until cheese is melted and  chili is heated trough.
Garnish to taste.


I served this with black bean tortilla chips and guacamole on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment