Saturday, June 4, 2011

Blackberry Margaritas


This version of the traditional Mexican drink looked really tantalizing. I am always drawn to color and this deep red had me at the first glance. And how can you go wrong with Blackberries right? I just new these had to be good, and let me tell you they were delicious!
I made these after the long memorial weekend. It was a lovely evening and my husband and I enjoyed a few minutes of peace and quiet outside in the garden winding down, sipping our Margaritas. We usually have a summer party with a bigger group of friends and I will definitely make them for that occasion. Just so fun and summery and yummy. Cheers to peace and quiet!

Sugar and salt mixture for the glasses:
Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar and
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt in a dish. Cut 1 lime into 9 wedges; rub rims of 6 glasses with 1 lime wedge. Dip rims of glasses in salt and sugar mixture. Set aside.


Margarita:
Combine 1 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar in a microwave-safe measuring cup.. Microwave at HIGH 2 1/2 minutes, stirring to dissolve; cool. Combine this syrup, 1 cup tequila, 3/4 cup Grand Marnier (Orange liqueur), 2/3 cup fresh lime juice, and 12 ounces fresh blackberries in a blender until smooth. Strain mixture through a cheesecloth-lined sieve over a pitcher; discard solids. Serve over ice. Garnish with remaining lime wedges.



Serves 6 (this depends on the size of your glasses!)


Recipe adapted from Cooking Light, June 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment