Thursday, April 21, 2011

Kids favorite dessert, Strawberry-banana pudding




I find it very interesting that my most popular postings are mostly treats and desserts (just saying!). Nothing finishes off a good meal like something sweet. Oh, and did you know stressed spelled backwards is desserts? Just thought I would  share that amusing little factoid.
This refreshing dessert was the perfect ending to our delicious Sunday supper. This easy strawberry-banana pudding was an instant hit with my family when I first made it a while back, and my kids have been asking me weekly if I could make it again. I could deprive them no longer! They were so happy to see me make it, my daughter hugged me (remember she is 13!)! There is no real cooking involved with this, just mixing a few things together. Come to think of it I will have my kids make this in the future. It is that easy (you may have to slice the strawberries).This is a great casual weeknight treat, but looking ahead to Easter get -togethers, this would be a dessert sure to please kids and adults alike.

Strawberry-banana pudding
1 (3.4-ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
1 cup fat free milk
1 (8 ounce) container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
3 ripe bananas, diced
1 1/2 cups miniature vanilla wafers, divided
2 cups strawberries, sliced

I couldn't find the miniature wafers in the store this time,
 but the large ones worked just fine.
Combine pudding mix and milk in a small bowl, stir with a whisk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Fold in bananas. Layer 3/4 cup cookies in bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish. Spread half of pudding mixture over cookies. Repeat procedure with remaining cookies and pudding mixture. Top with sliced strawberries. Serve immediately or cover and chill.



Serves 6
Recipe from Cooking Light Magazine, Fresh Food Fast, June 2010

1 comment:

  1. I did try this at 17th of May. I had to be a little creative when it comes to ingrediens. We don't get everything on the list here in Norway. Although, we all loved it. It tasted like "bløtkake". It was even better the day after :-).


    Marit

    ReplyDelete