Monday, June 20, 2016

Mango Salsa With Jicama


On hot humid summer days like today I don't feel like eating much, but a fresh salsa like this I can grace on the  whole day!
I mostly make this as a snack or appetizer with corn chips, but it is super great with grilled chicken or fish as well. I have a big piece of Jicama in my fridge that I am trying to use up so I am adding some anywhere I can. The flavor of Jicama is somewhat sweet and it adds a nice crunch. It was perfect for this salsa!

Ingredients:
2 ripe mangoes, diced
1 small red pepper, diced
1/2 cup jicama, diced
1 jalepeno, seeded and diced (optional for more heat!)
1/2 small red onion, diced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1-2 limes, juiced
salt, to taste

Preparation:
In a medium bowl, mix all veggies and cilantro together. Add lime juice and toss. Season with a little salt and let salsa sit for a while to let all the flavors meld together. Serve at room temperature.

Makes about 2 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment