Friday, July 20, 2012

Avocado-Banana Smoothie



Get a healthy and delicious start to your day with this unusual combination of fruits.
I love guacamole, and avocado in my sandwich or salad but in a drink? I must admit I was sceptical, but  after one sip I was sold. This has been my favorite smoothie for a while and it is a great way to use up quickly ripening avocados and bananas you may have sitting around. So, don't hesitate! Try it for yourselves and I am pretty sure you will be pleasantly surprised.





For 2 large or 4 medium glasses you will need:
1 avocado
1 banana
1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt (Vanilla yogurt works too!)
11/2 cups fresh orange juice (from 3 oranges). 
(In a pinch you can use store bought juice but I definitely prefer the freshly squeezed, with pulp!)
1/4 cup honey 
ice






Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Serve immediately. To our health!








Source: Everyday Food Jan/Feb 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment