Friday, June 22, 2012

Whole Wheat Chocolate Banana Muffins



When you have bananas like these laying around it is time to bake!






This morning I surprised my kids with these fresh out of the oven Whole wheat Chocolate banana muffins for breakfast. The lovely smells even woke up my 14 year old daughter!

Chocolate Banana muffins
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (or all-purpose if that is what you have on hand)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 egg
1/4 cup coarsely chopped baking chocolate or chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a muffin pan with cooking spray.
Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and baking powder together in a bowl. Using a mixer (I always use my stand mixer) combine the oil, sugars, egg and mashed bananas and mix on low speed until well combined. Slowly add the flour mixture into the egg mixture and stir until just combined. Spoon the muffin batter into prepared muffin pan.


I just love these self releasing scoops!



Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a tester inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out almost clean. Cool muffins slightly on a rack and enjoy!






Makes 12 muffins


(I found this recipe on Pam's Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment